GESTRA GRAVITY CIRCULATION CHECKS SBO
GESTRA CHECK VALVE FOR SANITATION AND HEATING
Quality made by GESTRA
The high-quality product range of GESTRA check valves is precisely tailored to suit customer requirements. The valves are manufactured from a great variety of materials to suit each particular application, and the individual components are perfectly harmonised with one another. Individual, special materials can also be produced.
GESTRA check valves are wafer-type valves with a short overall length. They have considerable structural and hydrodynamic advantages over conventional valves:
- Compact design
- Low weight
- Any installation position
- Low installation costs
- Large choice of materials
- Space-saving storage
- Reliable operation of industrial systems
- Minimal pressure losses
Download Data: GRAVITY CIRCULATION CHECKS SBO
Gravity circulation checks SBO
For sanitation and heating
SBO gravity circulation checks are installed downstream of circulating pumps in heating and hot water systems, to prevent gravity circulation.
They replace the isolating valve in the feed line and remain in the pipe if a pump is removed, so that the system no longer needs to be fully drained.
There are three connections for different pump designs up to PN6.
METHOD OF OPERATION
Gravity circulation checks function like check valves. If a difference in pressure arises, i.e. the pressure is higher before the valve than after it, the gravity circulation check opens. The valve opens depending on how high the volumetric water flowrate is.
|Pump running, normal operation|
|Pump stopped, SBO prevents gravity circulation|
AT A GLANCE
- GESTRA gravity circulation checks have connections to suit all installation fittings.
- Versions with internal or external thread for PN 6, G1 to G2
- The spring forces are specially adapted for use as a gravity circulation check
- The use of plastic cones enables quiet operation
- The cone cannot tilt or jam