GESTRA THERMODYNAMIC STEAM TRAPS DK
Thermodynamic steam traps DK
Steam traps for draining steam pipes, trace heaters and steam systems
These steam traps work on the basis of a simple thermodynamic principle. Incoming condensate lifts the valve disk of the regulator to the open position, while steam causes it to close immediately. The traps in the DK series are correspondingly simple in structure, feature a small, compact body and are low in cost.
USE: Thermodynamic steam traps DK
Compact steam trap for draining heating processes with small load fluctuations.
Especially recommended for use in:
- Saturated steam pipes
- Superheated steam pipes
- Trace heaters
- Air heaters
ADVANTAGES: Thermodynamic steam traps DK
- Compact, highly responsive regulator
- Small number of functional parts
- Drainage with practically no banking-up
- Any installation position – in horizontal or vertical pipes
- Reliable back pressure up to 80% of upstream pressure
- Available as an easy-to-install RHOMBUSline body with exchangeable regulator, or as a compact version
- Inner parts made of corrosion-resistant stainless steel
METHOD OF OPERATION: Thermodynamic steam traps DK
|The steam trap is fully open.
Cold condensate is discharged.
|The steam trap begins to close.
As the flow velocity increases, the pressure beneath the control plate falls so that it is pressed against the valve seat.
|The steam trap is fully closed
The pressure above the control plate, combined with the full surface, keeps the steam trap closed.