GESTRA THERMOSTATIC STEAM TRAPS MK
Thermostatic Steam Traps MK
Thermostatic steam traps for removing condensate from steam or for venting steam pipes
A distinguishing feature of the MK series is the outstanding responsiveness of the membrane regulator. It is especially suitable for heat exchangers whose operation is adversely affected even by minimal banking-up of condensate.
USE: Thermostatic Steam Traps MK
Highly responsive steam trap for draining heating processes.
Especially recommended for use in:
- Saturated steam pipes
- Trace heaters
- Heating coils
- Air heaters
- Steam roller presses/iron presses
- Tyre presses
- Moreover, the MK series is ideal for use as an extremely fast-acting air vent.
ADVANTAGES: Thermostatic Steam Traps MK
- Extremely fast response by the GESTRA thermostatic capsule
- Flat or tandem seal
- No loss of steam
- Function uninfluenced by upstream or back pressure
- Any installation position – in horizontal or vertical pipes
- Large hot water flowrates even at low differential pressure
- Inner parts made of corrosion-resistant stainless steel
- Wear-resistant membrane film of Hastelloy
- Three different types of membrane for different areas of use
- Long service lifer
METHOD OF OPERATION: Thermostatic Steam Traps MK
When the system is coming to a stop: As the temperature of the condensate falls, the control medium begins to condense.
When the system is starting up: The steam trap is in the open position. Air and cold condensate are discharged.
As the temperature of the condensate rises, the liquid control medium begins to evaporate. The rise in pressure causes the thermostatic capsule to close just below boiling point